AAA membership card is compulsory if you want to use almost any aaa service whether it is roadside assistance or getting a form from AAA local branch. Since membership advantages are linked to the member and not the automobile they are driving, for example even if you have your car, you cannot use the benefits without having a membership card. Which makes the card an essential item needed at your disposal if you want to use AAA services.
But, If you have lost your card and cannot find your membership number then keep reading this as we have a few ways you can get your AAA membership number without a Card and then you can use to issue a new card or you can use it for whatever service you were trying to use.
What is membership and what is it used for?
For individuals who are frequently on the road, a AAA membership is the ideal companion. If a customer uses it, they can get roadside help if their automobile breaks down. The team will show up to assist you in recovering the vehicle, making it to a secure location, and setting up a rental vehicle in case yours needs to be fixed.
Similarly, membership in AAA can save you money on everything from vacation packages to automobile rentals. Discounts on hotels, auto rentals, cruises, and vacation packages are available when traveling. automobiles being towed (the amount per year depends on which package you have) Free battery replacements and jumpstarts (depending on your package) supply of fuel, and locksmith services for vehicles are some of the services provided by AAA membership
How to Find Membership Number without AAA Card
Calling the Helpline(reaching out to the helpline)
The first way is If you know the phone number associated with your Membership and have other documents to prove your Identity then you can directly call AAA national hotline at 1-800-222-8252 and ask them to tell you your membership number. On weekdays, the customer support helplines are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. MST, and on Saturday and Sunday, they are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. MST.
Log in to the website
If you have access to a computer then you can log in to the AAA membership portal and there you can see your membership number and also you will be able to get a temporary card by printing it by going into Digital Membership Card(s) and all that is free of charge. Even if you don’t already have a membership you can sign up for it at the website. Additionally, the website gives you the choice to order a replacement card (it takes 7- 10 business days for the delivery of card through the mail)
Steps included checking for the membership number
- Check-in on your account via the use of your AAA login and password.
- Once signed in, pick ‘ My Account ’ located in the upper right corner of the website.
- You will locate your AAA membership range below ‘ Account Details ‘
AAA Mobile App
If you have an android or iPhone then you can download the AAA mobile app and log in to the app to find your AAA membership number and also it as a card replacement Download the Auto Club App. In addition to allowing you to access your membership number, the AAA mobile app also allows you to request roadside assistance, receive immediate battery replacement quotations, and even locate AAA-approved auto repair shops, AAA offices, and the cheapest gas stations nearby.
Access to dependable AAA services, such as roadside assistance, discounts and awards, is now easier while on the go thanks to AAA Mobile. You can search and obtain directions to AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels, restaurants, and attractions using the mobile edition of AAA’s TripTik Travel Planner. You can also create and share journeys between your desktop and mobile devices.
Instructions for downloading and utilizing the AAA Mobile App
1. Download the AAA Mobile App which is available on the Apple App store or Google play store.
2. Open the AAA Mobile App. If you are a first-time registrant, a page asking for your Zip code would appear. Enter the zip code in the WCNY area.
3. The Homepage appears with a login message Click login which will take you to the login page
4. Following a successful login. The navigation menu shows when you select the symbol in the top-left corner of the screen; click the View Card button. The card can be saved to digital wallets by iPhone users.
How to add my AAA card to my iPhone Wallet?
- Select your digital AAA Membership card
- Tap on the Add to Apple Wallet button in the bottom corner of the card.
- Tap Add when the Apple Wallet card AAA Membership card appears in the upper-right corner of the screen to add the card to your Apple Wallet.
Visiting local branch
The last resort is visiting the local Branch and asking them to issue a replacement card – check out branch locations from here branch locations. Before visiting a branch, call to make sure the location is open. While most of the offices are open from 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays some of them are functional from 7:30 am to 6 pm on weekdays. On Saturday there is a lot of variation in the working hours of offices.
Can I use AAA without my Card?
No, you cannot use your aaa membership without your card. Even if you have your car you cannot have membership benefits without your card because the membership is tied to the person and not the vehicle they are driving. In some cases, if you would like to use AAA services you should first call 800-222-4357 to sign up and immediately receive roadside assistance services. Since the basic membership benefits are only applicable after 48 hours of signing up you would have to pay for roadside assistance.
However, it takes some time for the membership card to be delivered. Once you have the membership number you can request assistance from AAA.
Are you moving to another state? Transfer your membership too
Will I get my Card Replacement on the Spot?
No, Once you order a replacement card through AAA then you will have to wait 7-10 days to receive the card within your mail. You can order the replacement either online or by visiting the local branch. If you reside close to one of the cities where AAA has offices, you can go there to make a replacement membership card request in person. They can handle your request for a replacement card at that time if you display your ID and provide them with your membership number
To request a replacement online
- Visit the AAA website and scroll down to the bottom and click ‘ Contact Us ‘.
- To make your online replacement request, use the form at the bottom of this page.
- In the first box, click to open the menu and choose “Member Relations”.
- Enter your details such as name, member number, email, and phone number.
- Under the description, type “Replace membership card.” You can include additional details such as if the card was stolen or damaged ( exclude if unnecessary.)
- Click on “Submit Request.” A member services agent will contact you (usually within two days).
The above-mentioned methods are generally used for finding the membership number or getting a replacement card. However, it is suggested that you keep a digital copy of the card with you since it takes at least a week for the replacement to arrive. If you have another valid form of identification in addition to your AAA Membership card, like the Passbook, Wallet, or AAA Mobile app membership card to get roadside assistance.
The AAA mobile app allows you to request roadside assistance,and locate AAA-approved auto repair shops, AAA offices, and the cheapest gas stations nearby. Before visiting a branch, call to make sure the location is open while most of the offices are open from 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays. I hope we were able to solve your problem and that you were able to find your aaa membership number without using your card.