Is it almost time to renew your AAA membership? Then definitely renew it as soon as possible! Why wait for something unforeseen to happen?
By renewing your AAA membership immediately, you will be able to legally keep receiving the coverage and other benefits it provides, such as being covered as a driver or passenger in any automobile, in any given location and at any required time.
Not just that, you can also get discounts at your favourite restaurants and businesses, as well as travel savings, weather alerts, identity theft protection, and so much much more.
Whether you are new with AAA or you have been a member for a longer period, we want to put more effort to confirm that you are able to get the most out of your membership. Therefore, we are presenting to you this compiled article where you can get to know every minute detail in regards to renewing your AAA membership!
Types of AAA membership
The American Automobile Association has a three-tiered membership system. Whether you are driving or riding as a passenger, your membership subscription will always assist you. It covers anyone in your household who has been identified as a member’s acquaintance.
AAA Classic Membership: With an annual cost of around $52–$74, this membership type gives the following roadside assistance services:
- Yearly four tows of 3 to 7 miles are provided.
- Fuel, flat tire, and dead battery services are all available.
- Car lockout services are available for up to $50.
AAA Plus Membership: This costs around $85 to $124 a year and includes everything that the Classic membership does, plus the following additional benefits:
- Each of the four tows can travel a maximum distance of 100 miles.
- Fuel is delivered for free.
- The lockout limitation has been increased to $100 for this membership.
- Passport photographs are available for free.
AAA Premier Membership: This membership category is similar to Plus membership, with an annual charge of $118-$170 with the following additional benefits:
- Three tows of 100 miles each and one tow of 200 miles.
- Free rental car for a single day with towing.
- Identity theft coverage of $10,000 is available.
- Lockout compensation of $150 for a car or home.
- Approximately $1,500 in trip disruption coverage is available.
These are just a few of the many advantages of becoming a member of AAA. Depending on your location, extra services such as auto loans, driving lessons, and car-buying services will also be available.
Also, AAA membership offers a variety of discounts and perks as well. The following are some of the most popular discounts and perks:
- Carrier service for mobile phones varies.
- Rental cars and moving trucks are 20% or more off.
- Electronics from a few select vendors are up to 35% off.
- Services such as movie tickets, dining, and flower delivery are available.
- Amusement parks, museums, and other forms of amusement are available.
- Prescriptions and vision care are two things that come to mind when it comes to prescriptions.
How to Renew AAA membership Online
AAA membership lasts for a year, so you must pay your annual subscription on schedule to keep receiving all of the benefits of AAA membership. This renewal can be done both online and offline.
Simply log in to your AAA account at: https://www.hoosier.aaa.com/membership/renew-your-aaa-membership and pay securely with your credit card to renew your membership online.
You can also manage your account, update your information, register household family members, upgrade your AAA membership to a more comprehensive membership category, give a gift membership, update your payment information, and a variety of other things that are available.
Other than this, you can also renew AAA membership without logging in by going online.
You will need to simple go here: https://rtjminn.national.aaa.com/quick-renew/ and then enter the following details:
- 16-digit Membership Number.
- Home Zip Code
- Your surname/last name
How to Renew membership with mobile
You can also renew AAA membership on your mobile with the help of the AAA mobile app. Here are the steps:
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or Play Store on Android to download the AAA App.
- Once you have completed the download, open the AAA App.
- Log into your AAA account by entering your user Id and password.
- After you have logged in, click on the “More” icon with a ‘+’ sign at the right hand side corner of your screen.
- Look for the “Membership” option, which will be second from the top.
- Tap on the “Membership” option.
- After that, tap on the “Renew Membership” option.
- Select the AAA membership level you want to renew – Classic, Plus, or Premier.
- The price will change accordingly based on the level you select.
- Enter your payment information and make other changes as per requirements.
- After completing everything, tap on the “confirm” button at the very end.
Here’s a video to guide you with renewal of your membership in AAA Mobile App: https://youtu.be/M9SxXGNjVFQ
How to renew AAA Membership offline
There are two ways to renew AAA membership offline:
- You can visit your nearby local AAA office or club.
- Call on the official Membership Service Center at 800-922-8228.
Does AAA membership auto renew
Yes, AAA membership definitely can auto renew!
You will never have to worry about your AAA membership expiring again with automatic renewal. This automatic renewal of AAA membership charges your debit or credit card for your annual membership dues. You will get a letter in the mail as your renewal date approaches, validating your renewal.
You can also register for automatic renewal with a special single-time savings of $10 off your yearly membership dues to ensure you never by chance forget, skip, or miss a day of coverage.
However, members must contact 855-772-5551 to obtain this one-time Auto Renewal $10 auto-renewal discount.
In case you do not want to take advantage of the discount, you can enroll as follows:
- Please log in to your AAA account at https://www.hoosier.aaa.com/?zip=46011&devicecd=PC
- Choose “Enroll in Auto Renew” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the details of your credit card.
Is the AAA membership an annual fee
Yes, AAA offers three basic membership options, with an annual fee varying from $56 to $119.
Although the benefits vary, all memberships include:
- DMV or MVD services.
- Emergency roadside assistance.
- Trip planning by travel specialists.
- Discounts at a variety of hotels, restaurants, movie theaters, and other locations.
Does AAA charge a late fee
No, AAA does not charge a late fee, or in other words, have a grace period for late payment.
However, if a grace period for late payment, mandated by state law, is already in place, members can pay their past-due premiums within a specified term to prevent a coverage suspension.
If the grace period expires without the required payment, AAA will terminate the coverage.This implies that, If your car is from AAA, continuing to drive your car will become unlawful. Also, depending on your state, this could result in heavy penalties, fines, and perhaps even license suspension.
However if you only had the membership from AAA and did not had any other association, then you can keep continuing driving your car.
Read more about: How to cancel your AAA membership
Is there a grace period with AAA
Yes, based on the state,AAA provides a grace period of certain days with maximum of 30 days to renew your membership before they terminate it permanently.
Tip: Don’t worry they will call and inform you through mail several times before terminating your membership
How soon can you use the AAA membership after buying
The perks of AAA Basic or Classic Membership are instantly available to members who buy and register. Plus, Premier, and RV/Motorcycle services are activated seven days following purchase or registration.
AAA Plus and AAA Premier Members can enjoy their benefits for seven days after payment is received.
All of the AAA Classic and AAA Plus advantages, as well as the AAA Premier perks, are available to AAA Premier members.
After payment is processed, any new AAA membership or added partners are limited to just a 48-hour waiting time. The advantages of the new or upgraded memberships, as well as new partners, such as AAA Roadside Assistance Support, are only accessible to the members when the waiting time is over.
Issues involving safety will always be treated with the utmost care and, in such extraordinary circumstances, the members will be able to bypass, decline or terminate the waiting period policy.
Once payment has been received for extra AAA Emergency Road Service features at the Pus and Premier levels, any membership account modification concerning upgraded AAA Memberships or added associates is subject to a waiting period of ten days. During this time, members would be able to keep their classic membership advantages.
It is also worth noting that irrespective of when you enroll or upgrade, pre-existing breakdowns are limited to AAA Basic roadside assistance coverage.
Since AAA emergency road service requires a waiting time, members can take advantage of certain perks right away. Do not, however, forget to look into AAA savings, discounts, and special vacation planning, as well as sign up for the identity theft protection program.
Any individual driving America’s highways will benefit from a AAA membership. The membership accompanies you each mile, whether you’re a parent driving local roads to school, shops, and sports events, vacation tourists traveling to another wonderful destination, or pensioners exploring the state from border to border.
Have you considered switching your membership to a different roadside assistance company: Check out the comparison here.
So, renew your AAA membership today and take advantage of all that a AAA membership has to offer! For any doubts or queries:
- Go to the official site of AAA at https://www.hoosier.aaa.com/?zip=46011&devicecd=PC
- Call on 1-866-MEMBERS (1-866-636-2377).
- Download the official AAA mobile app either from the App Store or Play Store, or get a link for the app by sending “AAA10” message to the number 86792.